Friday, February 14, 2014


Valentine’s Day. Enjoy it if you can. I’m going shopping.

I’d expected a smoother show for the second time around on Lollapaloser. I set it up to be a sad Valentine’s show, but my solo radio instincts have got a ways to go. I found my groove again around halfway through, maybe I need to do a 90 minute show, and not broadcast the first 30.

It would have helped if I’d remembered to put my phone into airplane mode.

I played some of my very favourite sad songs, including the saddest song I know, Sufjan Stevens’ Casimir Pulaski Day.


My greatest regret is that I didn’t fit in The Verve’s The Drugs Don’t Work.

Drive-By Truckers’ The Sands of Iwo Jima has made me cry numerous times. It’s nice to be reminded that you’re not a psychopath every once in a while.

*nervous laughter*

It also would have been pretty sweet if I had exposed a few new people to ‘Til Tuesday and Voices Carry. I still gave Aimee Mann’s Labrador a play, though, so that will have to be consolation.

This last link is to a low-quality Valentine's Day-inspired piece that I wrote and performed for the Comedy Loser live show four years ago. I look a lot different in it than I do now, but I think the piece still has some merit.


No comments:

Post a Comment