Friday, April 25, 2014

CreComm Year One

Okay, so I'm late with this post. I probably won't get any marks for it, but CreComm Year One is over now (short of a visit with my advisor), and I feel great. Going back to school after a few years of working in professional positions that just weren't me is the best decision I've ever made. I'm lucky that I was accepted into the program, and have had the opportunity to meet and work with so many talented people. I've changed for the better in ways that I can't fully detail,

Creative Communications is a tough course that seeks to test students at every turn, pushing us out of our comfort zones, leaving us with several deadlines hanging over our heads at a time. We learn a huge variety of skills during this first year, and I can't wait to join my Media Production compatriots for a second year full of amazing hard work and success.

Big ups to all the instructors at RRC's CreComm. They make the program what it is, sharing their coaching and mentorship with us lucky students. I look forward to learning twice as much next year and plowing through long Thursdays in Broadcast Journalism with Forde and Joanne. I've learned a lot, but I have so much left to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment